Green curry is one of my favourite curries. It just has a very delicate flavour, compared to other curries. And it’s not too spicy. It’s quite mild. Therefore I like making green curry dish when I feel like eating something not too spicy, but still has some heat in it. Yellow curry is also good. It’s less spicy than green curry. Red curry is the spiciest of them all. I like all curries, including massaman and panang curries. I just can’t get enough of it. Some people think Thai food is difficult to make. Not anymore. Today, you can buy readymade Thai curry pastes almost everywhere. There’s no need to go through all that trouble to make the curry pastes yourself. Unless, you make curry dishes on a daily basis.
One of the reasons why I love Thai food is because it’s healthy since most Thai dishes comprise lots of vegetables. So you can’t go wrong with that. Eating Thai food regularly can only benefit me. And that’s why I love it! Also, many Thai dishes can be made without meat or just use tofu instead. So, Thai food is also ideal for vegetarians, vegans, and healthy food lovers. Occasionally, I do not use meat in my Thai cooking at all. I sometimes even forget that I have not used any meat in it since it tastes delicious anyway with or without.
And today, I want to share a very tasty Thai green chicken curry. I love cooking. So, if I have time, I will spend my quality time to cook good, healthy food for myself. And today I fancy chicken green curry. So I just have to make it. I have tried this dish many times, for example, in restaurants and takeaway places, but it doesn’t taste that good or authentic enough. It’s quite disappointing when this dish, in fact, is not difficult to make at all. And you can make it in less than 30 mins. Therefore I feel like sharing this Thai green chicken curry recipe with you, so if you love this dish you can try to make it and see for yourself how easy it is. Okay, let’s do it!
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Cooking Time: 30 mins.
- 2 Whole chicken breast fillets (about 320g), cut into strips
- 500ml Coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp readymade Thai green curry paste
- 2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 250ml Water
- 2 Small bags of mixed vegetables (about 500g vegetables), choose the one that has no onion in it or any vegetables that are not suitable for this type of dish. Carrot, broccoli, pepper, and similar are perfect for this dish. You can also buy each of these vegetables and prepare them yourself.
- Heat coconut milk in a wok or pot or casserole over medium heat, when it starts boiling add green curry paste, keep stirring gently until the curry paste dissolves and blends well with the coconut milk.
2. Add chicken, cook the chicken until it’s about 50% cooked.
3. Add vegetables and water, increase the heat to high heat and keep stirring everything together gently until it starts boiling, then add fish sauce and lower the heat back to medium heat, continue to cook everything together for about 2-3 more mins, or until the vegetables and chicken are finished.
4. If you like, just before you turn the heat off add fresh chillies and coriander and give it a few, soft stirs before removing it from the heat.
5. Serve it with freshly cooked rice, or even better with jasmine rice. Enjoy!